Monday, January 2, 2012

Weight and measurements

Okay here we go.

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 107kg (235 pounds)
Bust: 129cm (50.8")
Waist: 121cm (47.6")
Hips: 133 cm (52.4")

Eeek - scary to see that actually written down. I have taken a couple of photos but am not brave enough to put them on here.

My diet plan is that I've been going through the last two years of Weight Watchers magazines and sorting the recipes into categories. Then each week I will get the supermarket brochure, see what's on special, select recipes based on those specials (got to keep the costs down) so each main meal will be low fat.

I need to watch portion sizes and not snack all day, but when I do snack it needs to be filling and low fat.

Exercise - I'll try and get out a couple of times a week for a walk with the children. Today I'm walking to the library to return some books - that'll be about a 45 minute walk - better than nothing!

Anyway, it's a start. I haven't got the supermarket brochure yet, I've been relatively good so far today but I have just noticed some chocolates left over from christmas in the top of the pantry, I can't have that sort of thing in the house so I'm simply going to have to eat it (sharing with husband of course) - sorry I know I'm weak, but I just can't turn down chocolate. On a positive note though, I had muesli and fruit for breakfast and a low fat snack of wholegrain corn chips for morning tea. So it's not all bad.

Right, onwards and upwards! Good luck everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It's fine to treat yourself sometimes, so you don't deprive yourself! You can eat whatever, but you gotta watch those portions. At least that's what I've learned. A 45 minute walk sounds great too. Good luck, I'm in the challenge too. :)
    cookingturtles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog! You are my first follower :) I managed a whole hour walk - felt good to get out!

    ReplyDelete